We come to you at a very challenging time for so many of us. Following the murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and countless others, alongside the national demonstrations that have followed, Jobs With Justice understands this is a moment for us to come together in solidarity and action. It’s why we’d like to invite you to a very special LIVE EVENT next Wednesday, June 17 at 6:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time addressing the defining issues of our time.
SPEAKING TO THIS MOMENT will be an important conversation on issues of systemic racism, white supremacy, police violence – and most importantly, what we can do to change our country for the better.
Jobs With Justice, alongside leaders from across our movement, will live stream a thought-provoking discussion about the roles of black leaders and black led organizations in the moment.
We are delighted to bring together an array of influential and powerful voices, including:
- Erica Smiley, Executive Director, Jobs With Justice
- Rev. Dr. J. Herbert Nelson II, Stated Clerk of the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Hon. Attica Scott, Kentucky State Representative
- Kenneth Rigmaiden, General President, International Union of Painters and Allied Trades (IUPAT)
- Layshia Clarendon, First Vice President, Women’s National Basketball Players Association (WNBPA) and Guard, New York Liberty
- Dr. Tamara Lee, Advancing Black Strategists Initiative (ABSI) & Rutgers University
- Maurice Mitchell, Movement for Black Lives
- Shannan Reaze, Executive Director, Atlanta Jobs With Justice
- Denise Diaz, Executive Director, Central Florida Jobs With Justice
The event is free and open to the public, so please share the link and encourage your friends, colleagues, and family to join us for SPEAKING TO THIS MOMENT.
We know this is a challenging time for so many. From the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic to the continued police violence and systemic racism aimed at black people, it can feel like the world is crumbling around us. We truly hope SPEAKING TO THIS MOMENT is a place where we hear from the leaders who move us, and know that if we join together, we can finally dismantle the systems of white supremacy.
Please join us next Wednesday, June 17 and 6:30 p.m. EDT.
RSVP on Facebook or visit www.jwj.org/live and set a reminder for the event.