Jobs With Justice Education Fund is an affirmative action employer and strongly encourages people of color, women, l/g/b/t/q individuals, those with disabilities, and those with working class backgrounds to apply.
Campaign Coordinator, Jobs With Justice San Francisco
Launched in 2010, Jobs with Justice San Francisco is a long-term strategic alliance of community and labor groups working together to build the movement for workers rights and economic justice in the Bay Area and nationally.
JwJSF seeks an experienced and talented campaign organizer to play a central role in the development and implementation of strategic coalition campaigns to advance workers rights and economic justice in the Bay Area, statewide and nationally. Reporting to the JwJSF Executive Director, this new, full-time position will be an integral part of a collaborative staff team and add new capacity to priority campaigns and projects including Good Jobs 4 All which creates pathways to good union jobs for disadvantaged residents who face multiple barriers to employment including immigrants, formerly homeless, and formerly incarcerated community members. The Campaign Coordinator will also support a planning process to explore expanding JwJ’s impact regionally and statewide.
- Good Jobs 4 All Campaign – 50%
- Build and convene campaign coalition of community and labor groups
- Coordinate campaign planning, implementation and evaluation
- Support campaign-related activities including strategic research, policy development, action planning, communications and leadership development
- Coordinate documentation of campaign activities
- Regional/Statewide Expansion Planning – 50%
- Support planning process to identify needs and opportunities to expand JwJ’s impact regionally and statewide
- Provide strategic support to one or more pilot projects that add capacity to priority campaigns outside of San Francisco
- Coordinate documentation of planning process and pilot project(s)
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in labor and/or community organizing
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to travel, work long and sometimes irregular hours
- Ability to effectively manage a workload with competing priorities and deadlines, work independently, and take initiative
- Bachelors or advanced degree preferred, or relevant research and/or organizing experience
- Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish desired
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. JwJSF offers a fully paid benefits package including family medical, dental, vision and generous paid leave. This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Application Process: Submit cover letter and resume to employment(at)jwjsf.org. Priority will be given to applications received by April 15th. For more information, contact Gordon Mar at gordon(at)jwjsf.org
Jobs with Justice San Francisco is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage people of color, women, LBGT, formerly incarcerated and differently-abled people to apply.
Executive Director, Portland Jobs With Justice
Portland Jobs with Justice (JwJ) is a coalition of 100 labor, faith, community, youth, and student organizations taking action for workers rights and economic justice with a racial and gender justice lens in the Portland Metro area.
Portland Jobs with Justice has operated as a long-term, formal coalition for more than 25 years. Our lasting relationships help build the power needed to win real changes in the lives of working families & our communities. We seek out strategic fights that build power for working people and address the root causes of problems facing workers and communities. In recent years Portland JwJ has helped win a statewide minimum wage increase, as well as stopped the Trans-Pacific Partnership and working with the City of Portland to divest from socially irresponsible financial institutions.
In this moment, our Solidarity Squad and the work we do with immigrants rights organizations in Portland is setting a model for the entire Jobs with Justice national network for how to keep our communities safe in this period. Two new areas of work center racial justice and gender justice at the intersections with workers rights and economic justice and position us as leaders and innovators locally and nationally: advancing racial justice and Black Lives Matter in bargaining for the common good with our labor union partners, and our new collaboration to train working people – people of color, LGBTQ people, women, and young workers – in their rights at work, workers safety and health, and organizing and leadership development.
Portland JwJ is seeking an Executive Director to lead the organization in its next stage. The ideal candidate will excel at developing and implementing a strategic vision, building and maintaining relationships, marshalling resources, and building consensus among diverse stakeholders with different priorities to enable effective work together on a common goal.
This position reports to our Executive Committee and currently supervises two staff organizers.
The Executive Director will lead Portland JwJ to win justice in workplaces and communities through:
Supporting and Supervising Staff:
- Hire, evaluate, and terminate staff as appropriate in conjunction with the Board
- Provide consistent staff supervision
- Lead ongoing organizational planning to support the development of staff workplans and goal setting
- Identify opportunities for staff development
Administration, Fundraising, and Management:
- Develop the organization’s annual budget and fundraising plan in coordination with the staff and Board
- Raise the annual budget with the support of organizational leaders and staff
- Build and maintain relationships with foundations and other major donors
- Manage grant proposals and reports
- Plan and lead implementation of annual grassroots fundraisers with leaders and staff
- Financial compliance with all local, state, and federal reporting requirements and fees
Board and Leadership Cultivation:
- Manage relationships, communication, and coordination of the Board with the support and leadership of Board Co-Chairs
- Work with Board Co-Chairs to plan regular meetings, delegate responsibilities to Board members, and ensure follow through
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for the organization; represent Portland JwJ to elected officials, the media, the general public, and at a variety of labor and community coalition tables
- Work with Board and staff to recruit new organizational members to Portland JWJ
Campaigns and programs:
- Work with staff organizers and partner organizations to develop campaign and programmatic plans and strategy, and to choose new campaigns and programs when appropriate
- Supervise organizing staff to track progress, evaluate, and problem solve
The Executive Director will have:
- Outstanding leadership skills, and the ability to connect with and build effective teams of diverse partners across the community
- A strong commitment to and understanding of worker justice and the labor movement and diversity, equity and inclusion of people of color, women, young people, LGBTQ people, immigrants and refugees, and many other members of our communities
- Demonstrated skill and experience in developing campaign and program strategy, managing campaigns and programs, and helping others to mobilize coalition partners around campaigns.
- Strong managerial skills and the ability to develop and implement an organizational vision.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain funder relationships
- The ability to mobilize grassroots support
- Demonstrated success managing multiple simultaneous projects and organizational needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide oversight for finances and record-keeping
Term of employment: This is a full-time position. We are seeking someone to start as soon as April 15, 2017, with a strong preference for a start date of no later than April 30, 2017.
Compensation: $50,000-60,000 based on experience, fully paid health and dental benefit, generous leave policy
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, though candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their materials immediately. Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references with emails and phone numbers to jobs(at)jwjpdx.org.
Portland Jobs with Justice is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ, and differently-abled people to apply.