Privacy Notice for Jobs With Justice
How We Collect Personally Identifiable Information
We provide you with forms and email addresses on our website so you may provide your contact information to engage in online activism (i.e., contact Congress) or to correspond with us. When you participate in these or any other online activity in which you are asked to volunteer your personal information, we may ask you to give us contact information and geographic information, among other possible information.
The personal information we collect is always voluntarily submitted by you. When you visit our website, we automatically obtain the following information from you: the name of your Internet service provider, the browser and operating system of the computer you are using, the website that referred you to us, the pages you request, the date and time of those requests, and the amount of time spent viewing each request. If you receive an email from us, we may be able to know if you clicked on any of the links embedded within the text of the email. If you participate in any of our action campaigns, we will know which campaigns in which you participated, as well as any information or text you entered while participating in any action campaign. We collect and store this information.
How We Use Your Information
Information collected about you and your computer is used to fulfill your requests and to track aggregate information about usage of these features. We may also use your contact information to periodically send you email updates and ask you to participate in our organization’s activities. If you provide your phone number, we may call you.
We also use this information on an aggregate basis to generate statistics and measure site activity to improve the usefulness of our website to our visitors. For example, we use this information to track which webpages are most popular among visitors as a whole. We do not track the pages you or any individual visitor may look at during a visit to our website, and we do not collect any other information without your knowledge and permission.
How We Handle Your Personally Identifiable Information
The information you submit to us is handled in-house and is reviewed and seen by in-house employees. Occasionally, for security or other internal purposes, an authorized third party representative – such as a professional database administrator – may have access to your information. We will not sell, rent, or trade your personally identifiable information to any other entity without your authorization. If you choose to participate in action campaigns that involve contacting other organizations or elected officials, information you volunteered is then shared with those entities with whom you are initiating correspondence.
Opting Out of Email Lists
If, for any reason, you would like to be removed from any or all of Jobs With Justice’s national email lists, you can unsubscribe by:
- clicking the link at the bottom of any email you received from us, or
- emailing us at action (at) jwj.org and asking to be unsubscribed.
You may also be subscribed to email lists through our local Jobs With Justice coalitions, the Student Labor Action Project, the POWER Campaign, or the Caring Across Generations campaign. If you would like to be unsubscribe from those lists, please follow the directions at the bottom of the emails you receive from those groups and campaigns.
This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website. This site contains hypertext links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Corrections/Updating Personal Information
- If you opt-in to receive text messages from Jobs With Justice, Jobs With Justice and its affiliates may send text messages related to campaigns, actions, or information related to organizational priorities.
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP” to the short code. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
If your personal information changes, or if you wish to have your information removed from our database, please contact us with such requests.
If you experience technical problems with the operation of this website, contact us at jwjnational (at) jwj.org. Below is the complete contact information for our organization:
Jobs With Justice
1150 Connecticut Ave NW, Suite 200
Washington, DC 20036